how was everyone’s weekend?
I don’t know about your neck of the woods, but it was gorgeous here this weekend. Saturday was a perfect 10/10. Sunny, clear skies, and 75 degrees. So naturally I spent 3 hours on the porch of Grottos. It was the perfect Saturday spent with few refreshing beverages , a bomb slice of pizza, and my best friends
I even wore my trendy pants. I like to think I’m trendy and fashionable. In reality, I’m really just a wannabe trend setter lol
It really doesn’t get much better. Sunday was also beautiful but it was a little hot. I can’t believe I just complained about it being too HOT. Say whattt. It wasn’t too hot but on my run I was feeling it.
The nice weather prompted me to make a trip to the resevoir. It was a very slow 4.3 mile jog (with a few walking breaks thrown in the mix) but I didn’t hate the sun beating down on me one bit.
Instead of spending Sunday doing food prep, i spent the remainder of the day laying outside soaking up some rays. I did manage to make a delicious dinner though!
I have been seriously craving pasta lately and had been dreaming up a delicious, spring inspired pasta dish in my head.
fusilli pasta filled with mushrooms, shallots, peas, lemon, and creamy goat cheese. This dish comes together in no time which is why I like to have my ingredients out before starting the dish
My mis-en-place set up and I was ready to rock. The sauce for the pasta takes the amount of time of bringing a pot of water to a boil and cooking the pasta. So when the pasta is done cooking you’re ready to combine the sauce with the pasta and its a match made in pasta heaven.
this dish is light, yet creamy, and filled with bright lemon flavor. Perfect for a quick week night meal and also delicious enough to entertain with. My roommate Vanessa and friend Kristin were my recipe taste testers and they gave this recipe a thumbs up. I hope you try it and love it as much as we did!
Lemon Fusilli with Mushrooms, Peas, and Goat Cheese
Servings: 4 apx. 2 cup servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 10 oz sliced white button mushrooms
- salt, pepper, and 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- cook pasta according to package instructions
- In the meantime, in a medium non-stick saute pan over medium high heat saute garlic and shallots in 1 tbsp olive oil and butter, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes until shallots are slightly browned
- add in the mushrooms, and cook down for another 5-7 minutes.
- once mushrooms are cooked down, add in white wine and cook for 3 minutes.
- add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, frozen peas, goat cheese, and parmesan cheese. cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- once pasta is cooked, placed cooked pasta directly into the pan. toss to fully coat and add in the fresh chopped parsley.
- season to taste and serve. garnish with more fresh chopped parsley if desired.
- feel free to substitute another type of pasta, penne or medium shells would work nicely.
- you can substitute chicken stock for the white wine, but if doing so I would use the juice of a whole lemon instead of just half.
to go with our pasta I made a simple kale salad
I made a homemade balsamic dressing that I massaged the kale in. Then I added some grape tomatoes, red onion, the rest of my romaine lettuce, feta cheese, and pepitas.
and krij brought over her homemade creation..roasted garlic caprese bread. Deeelish.
I hope everyone has a great day!