the soup I made last night was SO good. I inhaled two bowls and burnt my mouth. Don’t you hate when that happens? It happens to me more than I’d care to admit -__-
anywho before I share the recipe, here are some eats from yesterday
Banana oats with a heaping spoonful of peanut butter. Melty peanut butter on oatmeal is seriously the best thing ever.
A delicious egg wrap for lunch! I cooked up a couple eggs with some leftover roasted veggies. On the wrap I smeared half and avocado, some goat cheese, and sriracha sauce. Then I added the eggs, rolled it all up, and deVOURED.
And finally SOUP. White bean and Spinach soup with Cous Cous. The soup only takes 30 minutes to make start to finish. Here’s the recipe:
White Bean and Spinach Soup with Cous Cous
Servings: 8 big bowls
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 15oz cans of Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 7 cups chicken stock + 2 cups water
- 1 cup whole grain or regular cous cous
- Parmesan cheese (for serving)
- In a medium sized soup pot heat the olive oil to medium heat.
- Add in the onions, garlic, and carrots and saute over medium-medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the beans, spinach and seasonings (italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and bay leaf) and mix everything together.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until the spinach is mainly wilted.
- Add in the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring the soup back to a boil, add in 1 cup of cous cous, and remove the soup from the heat and cover with a lid. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes the cous cous should be cooked through. Serve with some parmesan cheese on top
I hope you get to try out this soup recipe. Its so easy and so delicious..I’m excited for the leftovers
Time to go to class..have a great day everyone!