WIAW-Christmas Eats

by admin on December 26, 2012

good morning!

happy WIAW! I hope everyone had a great holiday! For me the holidays always go by way too fast and the day after christmas seems like such a let down..anyone else with me on that one?

wiaw what i ate wednesday button happy healthy holidaysNow I totally didn’t realize that yesterday was a Tuesday so I didn’t document all of my eats (aka the 5 million potato chips I ate last night..) but I did take some pictures!

Brunch

IMG_3065

I had a small bowl of cereal around 8am and then we headed to my Nanny’s house to open presents! After present opening came brunch. We had a ham and cheese casserole, fresh fruit, and white chocolate dried cherry bread

THE BREAD!! My aunt  hasn’t brought this bread for the past few years because the bakery she gets it from always runs out of it quickly..but this year she got the LAST loaf! Omg you guys the bread is amazing. The white chocolate gets all melty..BAHH. I had that piece X2..amazing.

Dinner

IMG_5099

We had crab dip, shrimp, oysters, cheese and crackers, and mixed nuts for appetizers. I only managed to snap a picture of the crab dip because it is so freaking delicious. I wish I could take a bath in this crab dip. no I’m not joking.

IMG_5100

for dinner we had tenderloin, green bean casserole, tomato bread casserole, and roasted garlic potatoes

And after dinner we had cookies for dessert. I had a peanut butter blossom..my favorite :)

*****

Some pics from the day

IMG_5102

IMG_5103

IMG_5112

IMG_3069 IMG_3071

I decided to put on the Santa hat while the parents were opening their presents after dinner. I think I make a pretty good santa clause..hah. I got an IPAD weee!! And the best gift ever. A Duke and Lucy IPhone case that my cousin Lauren custom made for me!! I’m beyond obsessed. obviously.

***

Time to go hang out with the family!

Have a great day everyone!

Question for ya!: What were your favorite eats from Christmas Day?

Marcy December 26, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I made rack of lamb for the first time and loved it. I made hollandaise sauce for the first time, too, and oh my goodness, so delicious! I have never heard of tomato bread casserole–that sounds really good!
Marcy recently posted..What I Ate on ChristmasMy Profile

admin December 27, 2012 at 1:48 am

That sounds delicious! I actually tried lamb tonight for the first time cause I use to think I wouldn’t like it for some reason but it is delicious!

Sunnie@ModernGirlNutrition December 26, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Oh wow that bread sounds amazing! And glad you had a great holiday!
Sunnie@ModernGirlNutrition recently posted..Making a DifferenceMy Profile

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake December 26, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Omg I got a phone cover with my pug on it too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekend Recap: 12/21-12/23 + Merry Christmas Eve!My Profile

admin December 26, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Haha isn’t it the greatest gift ever?!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl December 26, 2012 at 9:56 pm

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas filled with great family time, gifts, and food! :)

My favorite thing that I ate yesterday…definitely the sweets! I rarely indulge in a lot of desserts so I definitely went for it yesterday! Calories don’t count on Christmas, right? ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW…for Christmas: A Very Vegetarian Christmas!My Profile

admin December 27, 2012 at 1:49 am

Haha calories definitely don’t count on Christmas! One of my favorite parts of yesterday was the sweets too!

Kailey December 26, 2012 at 10:00 pm

sounds like you had quite the spread for dinner! The more food the better :)
Hope you had an amazing Christmas!
Kailey recently posted..I Blame My RoomateMy Profile

admin December 27, 2012 at 1:50 am

Thank you kailey I had a wonderful Xmas! I hope you did as well if your family celebrates!

Julie December 27, 2012 at 4:28 am

I love all the appetizers more than the meal!
Julie recently posted..What Christmas means to meMy Profile

admin December 27, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Me too I’m all about the cheese and crackers!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile December 27, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Omg, I am obsessed with your phone case!!!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..What I Ate on ChristmasMy Profile

admin December 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Haha thank you!

Jessie December 28, 2012 at 6:10 am

Ah i got an iPad too =) Glad you had such a wonderful holiday w/ your family.