WIAW-Convenience is Key

by admin on November 28, 2012

good morning!

happy WIAW!

Remember me? I warned you that blogging these next couple of weeks is not going to be as consistent as normal because finals are coming up and it doesn’t leave much time for blogging:(

But these past few days I haven’t really had an excuse other than laziness and not having anything too exciting to blog about :/

I hope you’ll forgive me! Anyways, onto yesterday’s eats!

Breakfast

I figured out the trick to making plain greek yogurt taste like Trader Joes pumpkin greek yogurt. 1 cup plain greek yogurt mixed with 1 tbsp trader joes pumpkin butter. i know I’m a genius…did I mention that I packed 2 jars of Trader Joes pumpkin butter in my suitcase…

So breakfast was a simple pumpkin yogurt bowl with a banana and cinnamon..yum!

Lunch

I was seriously lacking greens in yesterday’s lunch

I made a wrap with chicken, hummus, avocado, and a little mozzarella cheese. And had an orange along side..nothing too exciting but still tasted delicious

Work Out

I got out of class early so I ended up doing 30 minutes on the eliptical before jazz dance class. I know people might think “why would you work out before an hour of jazz dance class?” well let’s just say its a beginner dance class and I don’t really break a sweat at all haha

Snack

I was going to have a healthy snack of cottage cheese and tomatoes, but then all I wanted was some hot chocolate..so hot chocolate was what I decided to have!

I bought swiss miss sugar free hot chocolate packets so I had one of those mixed with water and heated up in the microwave..I was a little worried about the sugar free tasting bad but it actually tasted really good. And I was freezing after walking home from the gym so the warm cocoa was necessary :)

i also had pretzels (that handful times 2). Side note I’m obsessed with shirts that have thumbholes..I kind of wish all my long sleeve shirts had them!

Dinner

so this totally is not what I had for dinner last night. I went out to dinner with my friend Amanda at homegrown and got a cup of chili and a salad. But failed to take pictures so instead I’ll show you what I had for dinner Monday night!

Between Molly (my roommate) and I, we managed to bring back lots of goodies (meaning food) from being home for thanksgiving. Molly brought back some shrimp her mom made so I sauteed up some red pepper, mushrooms, garlic, and spinach and combined that with the shrimp, brown rice, and a little parmesan cheese. So good! convenient and delicious!

Dessert

I failed to take pictures of my dinner but I did take a picture of my fro yo :)

I just got a little bit of coffee with a mix of chocolate toppings :) The mini chocolate covered pretzels are the best! Its never too cold out for fro yo in my opinion…but the cold weather definitely makes me forget about wanting fro yo..this is the first time I’ve had it in a while

A while being like..3 weeks. HAH

****

Time to go to class

have a great day everyone!

Question for ya!: What’s the best thing you’ve eaten recently?

Megan @runningonjava November 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Love your hot chocolate mug! I finally got TJ’s pumpkin yogurt while I was at home…it’s so good. I’ll definitely have to craft up some of my own with pumpkin butter when I run out!
Megan @runningonjava recently posted..WIAW…lots of orangeMy Profile

admin November 28, 2012 at 10:11 pm

haha thank you!

Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian November 28, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I love mixing the TJ’s pumpkin butter with plain yogurt. It’s liquid pumpkin pie!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW #34: Trivia {What I Ate Wednesday}My Profile

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I have really been wanting to try pumpkin Greek yogurt but have yet to find any around here…now I know the trick! ;)

I also use the sugar free hot cocoa packets but I mix it in unsweetened almond milk instead of water and I add in a packet of Truvia. It sure tastes gooood!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Spinach, Mushroom, and “Sausage” BakeMy Profile

admin November 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm

ooo I need to try mixing it in almond milk..I bet that will make it taste even better!

Olivia @ Liv Lives Life November 28, 2012 at 4:40 pm

That chicken wrap looks so good! I just wrote about how I’ll always eat frozen desserts, even when it’s cold out…great minds think alike! ;-)
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..WIAW #21 (I Can’t Think of a Good Title)My Profile

admin November 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm

haha exactly!

Michelle@Peachy Palate November 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I shall be trying the pumpkin yoghurt trick tonight! Sounds yum! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Comfort food editionMy Profile

admin November 28, 2012 at 10:10 pm

it is really delicious..i hope you like it!

Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin November 28, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Mixing Greek yogurt with pumpkin butter is genius! I’m definitely trying that soon. :D
Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin recently posted..WIAW #64: Win, win, failMy Profile

admin November 29, 2012 at 1:02 am

I hope you like it, its so delicious!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile November 29, 2012 at 2:05 am

I loooove Hot Chocolate! This weather would be perfect for a mug.. if only I had some. Good luck on finals!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..What I AteMy Profile

admin November 29, 2012 at 2:24 am

thanks girl! good luck to you as well!

Samantha November 29, 2012 at 5:53 am

Those wraps you make always look so yummy! I wish I had a panini press! Now that I’m not in college anymore its not socially acceptable to eat froyo as often, so I really miss froyo. Those M&Ms and oreo bits and the coconut, I’m kinda drooling… I miss YoloBerry (our local one at school)!
Samantha recently posted..Wet WednesdayMy Profile

Lot-O-Choc November 29, 2012 at 2:35 pm

mmm that pumpkin greek yoghurt looks amazing…we dont really get much pumpkin stuff in the uk :( no hope of me finding pumpkin yoghurt or pumpkin butter!

admin November 29, 2012 at 2:46 pm

aw man! if you try mixing plain greek yogurt with canned pumpkin, a little sweetner, and some cinnamon it will definitely taste similar!