WIAW-Home Eats

by admin on November 21, 2012

good morning!

Happy WIAW! -

tomorrow is thanksgiving!! oMGG. My mom does the majority of the cooking but I love to be her sous chef so I’m sure we’ll be busy in the kitchen today :)

Breakfast

Two things I never get to eat when I’m at school: ham and berries. When I saw the deli ham in the fridge I was craving an egg and cheese so in the flax tortilla went 3 egg whites, 1 slice of ham, and 1 slice of american cheese . Topped with sriracha of course!¬†Such a delicious breakfast!

Work Out

I have been abnormally sore these past few days! I’ve been going to my mom’s trainer with her and I’m not sure why I’m so sore! Yesterday we did mainly upper body work, abs, and some bursts of cardio..it was a great work out!

Snacks

I was pretty hungry after working out so I snacked on a honey crisp apple and a few pretzel crisps with hummus

I love trader joes edamame hummus! And after reading this post I think I need to go back to trader joes and pick up a few more items!

Lunch

We went to my favorite place for lunch! Blue Ginger

My mom and I split the Tuna Poke salad and Shrimp Pad Thai. Both were very delicious!

Dinner

dinner was a mix of cheese and crackers and my mom’s homemade tuscan white bean soup¬†

We got so many cheeses from the cheese shop, so we decided to have a couple last night to enjoy since we were having a really healthy and light dinner. We had a creamy blue cheese and brie cheese. Both of them were SO good!

My mom makes the best soups! She doesn’t even ever follow a recipe she just sort of makes it up..I need her to write this one down for me so I can share it with you all!

Dessert

I had a couple squares of Trader Joes dark chocolate bar with coconut caramel. I need to go back to TJ’s and hoard about 500 bars of it.

****

I can’t believe its already Wednesday..this break is flying by way too fast!

I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving!

Question for ya!: Are you cooking anything for Thanksgiving dinner?

I’m in charge of making Apple Crisp for dessert! Because I’m the weirdo that doesn’t like pumpkin pie..I know.

Amy @Macncheesenpeas November 21, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Happy Thanksgiving Chelcie!!
Amy @Macncheesenpeas recently posted..Recipe Redux: Roasted Rosemary ParsnipsMy Profile

admin November 21, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Thanks Amy happy thanksgiving to you as well!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl November 21, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Don’t you just love a good breakfast burrito? They are so easy to make, yet so delicious.

That edamame hummus looks awesome. I love both edamame and hummus so it must be good!

This Thanksgiving I am cooking maple pumpkin muffins for breakfast, fruit salad, twice-baked sweet potatoes, and my vegetarian meatloaf. I can’t wait to eat! :)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Homemade Pizza PocketsMy Profile

admin November 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm

mmm maple pumpkin muffins sound so delicious!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake November 21, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I’m going to steal your breakfast wrap idea!

admin November 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm

do it! its so delicious!

Michelle@Peachy Palate November 21, 2012 at 8:03 pm

No thanksgiving in Ireland :( But have a great one!!! An epsom salt bath will ease your muscles – seriously it’s like a miracle cure!!!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Playing catch up againMy Profile

Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian November 21, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I’m making the mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving. I make them every year and pride myself on making them super smooth and delicious. Otherwise I’m off the hook. Happy Thanksgiving!
Sarah @ Blonde Bostonian recently posted..WIAW#33: Moving Day {What I Ate Wednesday}My Profile

admin November 21, 2012 at 9:50 pm

mmm I love mashed potatoes! Happy thanksgiving to you as well!

Cait November 22, 2012 at 3:33 am

This is like the PERFECT day of eats!
Cait recently posted..WIAW #12 – Happy Thanksgiving!My Profile