New Omelet Creation + Coconut Cinnamon Sweet Potato Wedges

by admin on September 13, 2012

so since I essentially spend half my day gawking over foodgawker..the second I saw this picture I nearly died of excitment

these my friends, would be roasted portobello mushrooms with goat cheese, avocado, and roasted tomatoes

OH. MY. GOD…like all of my favorite things in one dish?!

i couldn’t stop thinking about the combination ever since I drooled over the picture, so yesterday for lunch i created my own version and made an omelet

this omelet.
was.
SO GOOD…the combination of the mushrooms and tomatoes with goat cheese and avocado is seriously unreal.
to go with my dinner last night I made some Coconut Cinnamon Sweet Potato Wedges

¬†honestly didn’t expect the sweet potatoes to have that much coconut flavor but they really do! I will be using coconut oil to roast my sweet potatoes in from now on
My dinner last night (plus a few sweet potatoes that didn’t make the picture :)
Trader Joes salmon burger, cinnamon sweet potato wedges, and sauteed zucchini and red pepper
such a delicious dinner!
and I made more of this for dessert after Zumba :)
****
i have to head to the grocery store because I’m cooking dinner tonight for all my friends!
i hope it turns out good!
TGIT everyone!

Question for ya!: Do you ever look at foodgawker?

Molly September 13, 2012 at 3:06 pm

that omelet. NOMMMMMMMMMMMM

Amy @Macncheesenpeas September 13, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Once again, an amazing creation!! Avocado + goat cheese omlette= yes please!!

admin September 13, 2012 at 8:10 pm

thanks Amy!

Linz @ Itz Linz September 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm

i don’t ever look at foodgawker. i actually just learned of it like a month ago! i feel like i don’t have time and when i do have time i’d rather be reading blogs and drooling over their pictures (like yours! yum!). hehe.

admin September 13, 2012 at 10:13 pm

i know i spend more time reading blogs as well..i’m addicted :)

Lindsay Irwin September 13, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I must make that omelet and sweet potatoes ASAP!!!! I drooled a little not gonna lie.

Ps I love the captions on the pictures, truly make me LOL. Anddddd I’m so proud of you miss new runner :)

Jess September 13, 2012 at 11:31 pm

good luck making dinner for your friends!! Sounds like fun! Your omelette looks amazing!! I am seriously seeing goat cheese all over the blog world, I am so behind and have not tried it!! I need to now!

admin September 14, 2012 at 12:45 am

thank you!! omg goat cheese is my favorite food! you need to try it!

Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile September 14, 2012 at 12:52 am

All of my favorite things in one post!!!! Ahhh yummm.

Chelsie @ Balance, Not Scale September 14, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Cinnamon + sweet potatoes = tastebud Mardi Gras!! LOVELOVELOVE the combo!!
And to roast them and have them all crispy on the outside and soft on the inside — exquisite!
Definitely making those ASAP. I have half a sweet potato and I can hear this recipe calling its name! :)

admin September 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm

thank you! they are so delicious i hope you try them and love them as much as i do! :)