Loving Lately

by Chelcie on June 1, 2012

here are some things I’ve been loving lately…

my first batch of overnight oats since I’ve been home for summer

with large, fresh chunks of ripe mango along with some trader joes mango butter mixed in. SO GOOD.

Fresh Fruit

when stone fruits are in season there is really nothing better

Yogurt Bowl Combos

this mornings breakfast

• plain fage greek yogurt
  • 1 nectarine
  • a couple strawberries
  • strawberry jam
  • granola(see below)

This Granola

if you are a local MA blogger you MUST be on the hunt for this granola..it is so freaking good. I need to go pick up a new bag clearly..

Gluten Free Pretzels

no I am not gluten free nor will I ever be because I am fortunate enough to not have a stomach issues..but these pretzels are just SO good. they taste like butter. i don’t know if that sounds weird but I’m telling you..gluten free or not you must try these!

Cereal

when I come home from working a dinner shift at the restaurant I have these grand ideas of making myself a nice omelet on the drive home. then I get home, and all i want is cereal.

its a good thing my amazing mommy keeps a great cereal stash. Last nights combo was special k strawberries and rice chex with a cut up nectarine (told you I’m loving them!) and some bluebs

it takes all my willpower to not pour about 5 more bowls.

and on a totally non-food related note

spending time with my doggies:)

apparently its comfortable to shove your face in between pillows to sleep?..ugh shes so cute I can’t even deal

and this wack job

if anyone wants to come to my house and play fetch with Duke all day long. I will pay you

well since i only made 25 dollars last night at work -___-..maybe i’ll just bake you something delicious:)

****

now is the time where i convince myself to go for a run..I haven’t ran in uhhh a really long time

so we’ll see how this goes..

Question for ya!: What have YOU been loving lately?

ittybitsofbalance June 1, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I’m glad you posted about those pretzels– I’ve been eyeing them at the store lately, but haven’t made the splurge because they’re so expensive. Now I’m at least one step closer ;)

Chelcie's Food Files June 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm

i know the price tag is the worst part but I’m telling you once you try them you’ll be hooked!

Em ... Living & Learning June 1, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I’ve also been loving being able to have the time to cook nice meals at home & spend time with my family & my doggies! … and my favorite food is cereal, and unlike you i lack the will power & self control to not pour 5 more bowls, so sadly there has been no cereal stocked in my house for quite some time for that very reason!

Chelcie's Food Files June 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm

i just pour LARGE bowls which stops me from re-filling lol

Health Freak College Girl June 1, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I want those pretzels! I’m not gluten free either but I love the taste of the products. Like the brown rice bread…LOVE!

Chelcie's Food Files June 1, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Oo I need to keep my eye out for that bread the next time I go to the store sounds delicious!

GOtheXtraMile June 1, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I have been CRAVING overnight oats but always forget to make them the night before. You just reminded me I must make them STAT!
I have been loving cereal, too. It’s just so good.

Justjac June 1, 2012 at 6:11 pm

omg hahah i know what you mean about those gf pretzels!! have you tried the yogurt covered ones?? they had a rep in whole foods the other weekend sampling them out and uhhhh gawd they are goooo d!!!

dont worry girl, work will pick up as the summer progresses, i’m sure!! and yeahhhh im lovin hanging with my lil doggie too!! :D

Chelcie's Food Files June 1, 2012 at 6:50 pm

i haven’t but those sound amazing..I’ll have to keep my eye out for them the next time I go to the store!

Tessa@AmazingAsset (@Tessa8m) June 1, 2012 at 10:01 pm

awww puppies, so adorable :) These pictures make me smile! I have been loving just everything SWEET lately… I am on a candy kick for whatever reason and am embracing it!

Chelcie's Food Files June 2, 2012 at 4:56 am

i have a major sweet tooth also!

Kailey June 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm

normally i try to avoid gluten free foods (they tend to lack flavor) but everyone says those pretzels are better than regular ones so I might have to give them a try!