I set my alarm this morning so I would make an 8:30 workout class with my mom..getting up that early is big for me I was proud of myself for making it
and then i had to go to the dentist..the dentist is the absolute worst
oh and on my way to the dentist I stopped and got coffee and a whole grain bagel with veggie cream cheese..it was SO good..I warned my dentist i had just eaten breakfast and didn’t get the chance to brush my teeth..woopsies
but enough about my morning lets talk about dinner last night
easy and healthy buffalo chicken sandwiches
I started out by prepping the blue cheese sauce to go on top of the sandwiches..in a bowl went 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper, and a little chili powder
set the sauce aside and heat a grill pan over high heat. season 4 chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and a pinch of chili powder and grill them for about 4 minutes per side
I always place the chicken season side down in the pan and then season the other side
while the chicken is cooking slice up 1 red onion
once the chicken is done cooking grill the red onions for about 5 minutes until they are nice and caramalized
brush the cooked chicken with buffalo sauce right before you want to assemble the sanwiches
i used Franks Red Hot buffalo sauce
mm this stuff is SO good!
to assemble the sandwiches start by smearing some of the yummy blue cheese sauce on half of a toasted roll
then comes the chicken
then add a few pieces of romaine lettuce or whatever you have on hand and some grilled red onions
mmm deeeelish. and only about 350 calories per sandwich including the roll! not bad!
Easy and Healthy Buffalo Chicken Sanwiches
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 toasted buns (whichever type of buns you prefer, sesame, whole wheat, plain, etc)
- Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, about 1/4 cup
- In a bowl combine the blue cheese, greek yogurt, juice of half a lemon, 1/2 tsp chili powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine and set sauce aside.
- Pre-heat a grill pan or grill over high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and chili powder and grill for 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- once chicken is cooked, remove from grill and grill the sliced red onion for about 5-7 minutes, until the onions are really good and caramelized
- Brush the grilled chicken with franks red hot buffalo sauce.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the blue cheese sauce on one side of the toasted roll, then add the chicken, then the lettuce, and top with the grilled red onions.
Here was my plate last night
For my bun I just used 2 pieces of whole wheat bread..this sandwich was SO so good. I’m obsessed with anything that has buffalo sauce on it so these sandwiches were a real winner!
I also cut up a big fruit salad to have for dessert!
mmm fresh fruit in the summertime is the BEST
time for me to go lay by the pool until its time to go to work later
I hope everyone has a great day!
Question for ya!: Are you a fan of spicy foods?
the spicier the better for me!