WIAW-A cool Sushi experience

by Chelcie on May 30, 2012

Good Morning!

happy WIAW

Breakfast

a yogurt bowl combo! In the bowl went plain greek yogurt, blueberries, granola, mango butter, and almond butter

the granola I’ve been buying is from a local company in Carlisle, MA and it is AMAZING. If your interested in finding out the name of it let me know!

Snackage

throughout the day I snacked on a couple rice cakes, a cheese string, and an apple. The rice cakes and cheese string were on my way to work and the apple was right before I went to the Mall with my friend Molly

Lunch

After Molly and I did a little shopping we decided to check out the relatively new sushi restaurant at the Mall called Wasabi

the restaurant is located in the middle of the mall and all the sushi comes around on a conveyer belt so you can just pick up what you want from your seat and eat it! how cool right?!

I picked up a couple rolls right away that looked really delicious

one was a spicy tuna type roll and the other one was cucumber avocado topped with imitation crab and seaweed salad. they were both so so good

spicy tuna sashimi..my mouth was on FIRE after eating this

we picked up a baja tuna roll to share which had spicy tuna, avocado, and I think was topped with siracha sauce..it was also really good

I was looking through the menu and saw a roll called the “Lucky Roll” that I really wanted to try but didn’t see on the conveyer belt so we asked our waitress and she ordered it for us!

the roll was filled with mango and salmon and topped with a spicy sauce. If the mango was more ripe the roll would of been better but it was still pretty good

for dessert we decided to be adventurous and pick up this really weird looking Mochi cake

the inside was a red bean puree which didn’t taste that bad..just kind of a weird texture..but the outside I just could not eat it was too weird for me lol but it was fun to try

Dinner

after work (I passed my validation test so now I’m an official waitress woo hoo!!) my mom, brother, and I went out to dinner at a place called Maxwells

I started out by ordering the cheese plate as my appetizer

i ate all the cheese except for the blue cheese, a couple crostini, and all the chutney..I’m pretty sure it was a fig and cranberry chutney..it was delishh espeically paired with the cheeses

for my entree I got the fish special of the night

it was some type of white fish cooked in a white wine and mushroom sauce over a risotto cake and wilted spinach..it looks a lot better than it tasted..it wasn’t bad but it was just okay. I didn’t even really make a dent in it because I was already pretty full

Dessert

we weren’t going to order any more dessert but I really wanted some ice cream so the waiter told me to order the warm chocolate bread pudding because it came with a scoop of ice cream

a candle for my brothers birthday that was last week:) Well in case your curious the bread pudding didn’t come with any gelato like the waiter said, but OMG.

literally the best bread pudding I’ve ever had. I don’t even normally like bread pudding. but this was heavenly..me and my brother had no problem finishing this dessert

*****

I get the day off work today and its not nice out:( Maybe another Mall trip is in order? we shall see

I think I’m planning on cooking dinner tonight so maybe I’ll finally have a new recipe to share..its about time right?!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Question for ya!: Whats the best thing you’ve eaten recently?

the bread pudding. HANDS DOWN.

Em ... Living & Learning May 30, 2012 at 1:42 pm

the best thing i ate recently, was a filet from Longhorn’s steakhouse on Sunday … there was something about it that made it the best steak I have ever tried. YUM

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm

That sushi restaurant sounds really cool! I feel like I’d probably be more likely to try something new if I could SEE it rather than just read about it on the menu!

Chelcie's Food Files May 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Ya exactly!

Cait @ Beyond Bananas May 30, 2012 at 3:04 pm

That is definitely an interesting sushi restaurant!! I actually saw a conveyor belt with sushi on the Amazing Race last season!

Fit on the Rocks May 30, 2012 at 3:13 pm

I just had conveyor belt sushi for the first time in Seattle! Yours looks much better lol. The best thing I ate recently was chicken and rice from a food cart in Portland. yummmmm

Chelcie's Food Files May 30, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Mm I love food carts sounds awesome!

EveryCraving May 30, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Congrats on getting the waitress job! I’m jealous of your sushi feast! haha. I don’t like bread pudding either (ew, soggy bread) but I have to admit the one in the picture looks pretty delicious.

Chelcie's Food Files May 30, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I know I feel the same way but I’m telling you this was definitely an exception it was like eating melted chocolate!

Health Freak College Girl May 30, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to a sushi place like that! I’m not a big sushi fan but I bet (hope) there would be something there that I would like :)

Holly May 30, 2012 at 4:52 pm

The best thing I ate recently was my mom’s homemade potato salad and the rib eye steak she grilled on the bbq, YUM! I have a question for you, though, if you don’t mind? :) What is your favorite almond butter? I tried a few that I loved, but have bought several not-so-good jars recently. Yours always looks so moist and yummy! :)

Chelcie's Food Files May 30, 2012 at 5:43 pm

sounds delicious! My two favorites are Justin’s Maple almond butter or regular almond butter..and I also love Trader Joes flax seed almond butter..two really good ones to try!

Holly May 30, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Thank you so much! I LOVE Justin’s Maple also – just wish it wasn’t 11 bucks! I’m headed to Trader Joe’s tonight. Thanks again :D

Chelcie's Food Files May 30, 2012 at 8:46 pm

No problem!:)

Lift Eat Repeat May 30, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Best thing recently is Plain Greek Yogurt mixed with 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1/2 a sliced apple, 1/4 cup oatmeal and cinnamon! Sooo good! :)

IHeartVegetables May 30, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Haha that’s such a random sushi place!!! I love it! I think I’d like that. As long as I could be sure I grabbed the veggie sushi, haha

Tessa@AmazingAsset (@Tessa8m) May 31, 2012 at 12:01 am

Ummm I NEED to go to this place, what a random sushi house, but I love it! Oh and heck yes to that dessert, it does look delicious to say the very least

Chelcie's Food Files May 31, 2012 at 2:43 am

haha i know its so random but really good!

savorlifesflavors May 31, 2012 at 12:05 am

Nolan and I ALMOST went to Wasabi at the mall the other day! How was it price wise? The food looks amazing.

Chelcie's Food Files May 31, 2012 at 2:42 am

it was pretty cheap! me and my friend split it but the total bill was only 31 dollars and we got a decent amount of sushi!

GOtheXtraMile May 31, 2012 at 2:18 am

That is the coolest sushi place I’ve ever seen! I would go wild at that place, haha. Everything looks amazing!

nourishingcrunch May 31, 2012 at 5:10 am

all 3 meals eating out look so so good! food envy

whatwouldjessicaeat May 31, 2012 at 3:31 pm

mmmm…all the sushi looks awesome! I love it, but haven’t had any in what feels like FOREVER! Seeing all the delicious looking pictures are totally sparking a craving now!