so the other night I was really bored, since Airband is over and no longer takes up all my time
so I was bit by the baking bug and decided to whip up a batch of Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Dough Balls
since we’ve had oreos sitting in our pantry for uhhh..ever..and no one eats them
here’s how you make them!
first melt 1/2 cup butter and 3/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave save bowl
or you could just use a hand mixer and beat the peanut butter and butter..but since I have a ghetto kitchen in my college apartment..we like to improvise
anywho..next add in 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract
all mixed together!
next add 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, and 3/4 tsp salt
add about 1/4 cup of milk to combine the dough together nicely
next comes the good stuff. THE OREOS
put about 7 oreos in a little plastic baggy and crush them up using your hands
next add in about 1/2 cup chocolate chips, I’m particular to semi sweet chips but whatever tickles your fancy (..what?)
mix it all together and form about 1 1/2 inch balls on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes
ugh these are good.
I brought some to my friends and they approved..so its not only me that thinks there good:)
Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Dough Balls
based on Mama Pea’s Dough Ball recipe
Makes about 15 dough balls
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flower
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 7 oreos (crushed)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a mixing bowl, beat together (or melt in the microwave) the butter and peanut butter, until both are combine
- next add in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and mix to combine
- add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in the milk, just enough to just combine the dough
- next add in the crushed oreos and chocolate chips and use your hands (clean hands obviously:) ) to help combine the dough
- Form about 1 1/2 inch balls and align on a cookie sheet.
- bake for 12-15 minutes. allow cookies to cool and then serve!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!