I’d say that one of my favorite parts of summer and spring is the fresh food!
I love cooking with fresh herbs, lemon, and veggies…it just screams summer to me!
that and drinking sangria and sitting by the pool..
So Tuesday night for dinner I made a delicious Pasta with Chicken, Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Basil
First up I got my pot of water ready to boil, and cooked the pasta according to package instructions.
Then I sauteed the chicken in a non-stick pan with salt and pepper and some non-stick cooking spray
Cook over med-high heat for about 3 minutes and then add in the chopped zucchini
Cook the chicken and zucchini for another 2 minutes and then add in the chopped tomatoes and garlic
Stir it all together and cook for another minute. Just make sure all the chicken is cooked through!
In a large bowl add in the drained cooked pasta, chicken and veggies, chopped fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil
Serve with a little sprinkled goat cheese or feta cheese on top
YUM-the flavors of fresh basil and balsamic just remind me of summer eating!
oh and it took a little less than 20 minutes to make
so you should probably go make it for dinner NOW. or lunch.whateva
Pasta with Chicken, Zucchini, Tomatoes, and Basil
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
- 8 ounces dried pasta of choice (penne, rotini, or angel hair works well!)
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup goat cheese or feta cheese (sprinkled on top)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat with non-stick cooking spray
- Add in the chicken, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 minutes
- Add in the zucchini and cook for another 2 minutes
- Next, add in the tomatoes and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes until chicken is cooked through
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked pasta, chicken mixture, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve!
My brother and his friend are coming today to visit for the weekend! I”m SO excited!
So I def won’t be posting again till Sunday, but I’ll be sure to give you an update of the weekend!
Have a great weekend everyone!
(oh and try this pasta^..I promise its REALLY yummy!)
Question for ya!: What are your favorite foods to eat in the summer months?
I love fresh corn on the cob and tomato salads! YUM