WIAW-Miami edition

by Chelcie on March 28, 2012

Hi!!

Just blogging from my hotel bed in Miami this morning!

Happy WIAW

20120328-072152.jpg

Breakfast

So yesterday I was up at 4:30am because my flight to Florida was at 6:40am..yes we are crazy

At the airport I grabbed a small yogurt and banana which I didn’t take a picture of..I took a few bites of the yogurt and ate my whole banana

Oh and I got ice coffee..extremely necessary!

Since I flew southwest they handed out complementary snacks on the plane!

20120328-072420.jpg

I don’t normally eat 100 calorie packs but these were delicious!!

Lunch

Once we got to Miami, our friend Ross picked us up at the airport and took us to one of his favorite bagel shops

I got a everything bagel with turkey, lettuce, and tomato

20120328-072648.jpg

I pretty much dominates this..I was starving!!

The happiest of hours

Since we’re on vacation..

20120328-072853.jpg

This ginormous drink was a long beach ice tea..I don’t even know what was in it but I do know tequila was involved

Oh and I should probably mention these drinks were 2 for 25$

We were both feeling it to say the least
Lol

Dinner

We went as a big group to dinner at The News Cafe

By the time we actually got our food I was starving..the last time we ate anything was at 10:30am..and after having two large drinks this is NOt okay

So I definitely didn’t choose the healthiest item on the menu but the alcohol influence and the fact that I needed carbs badly did not help

So I ended up ordering a chicken panini with goat cheese and sweet potato fries

20120328-073316.jpg

Sorry for the bad photo quality! This tasted so good while I was eating it..but afterwards I’m not gunna lie I felt really guilty and gross

I’ve noticed that I have a hard time excepting indulgences because normally I only indulge “in moderation” and yesterday was definitely not an example of that

But today is a new day, and I am going to make wiser eating choices throughout the day so I can have a drink or 2 and not feel as guilty

I’m starting off the morning by going for a run along the beach! It doesn’t get any better than that!’

I hope everyone has a great day!!

<3 Chelcie

Question for ya!: do you feel guilty when you go a little overboard on vacation?

Alexandra March 28, 2012 at 11:48 am

That lunch looks great! My WIAW was all about vacation eats too! Great minds think alike ;)
Hope you enjoy your run on the beach sista!

GOtheXtraMile March 28, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Ummm if I had two of those drinks and no food I would be passed out on the floor!! Hahah. I usually eat fairly healthy while on vacation, but I definitely do eat more things I usually wouldn’t. I don’t really feel guilty because what can a few days do to you, right?! Enjoy yourself girl! :D

Chelcie's Food Files March 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm

We were pretty close to it..lol i couldn’t finish my second drink at all..thank you I’ll try my best!

Tessa at Amazing Asset March 28, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Loving these pictures and foods girl :) The drinks are looking fab as well… it was vacation after all, I would have had my share for sure!

Alaina Pozzy (@jogconcierge) March 28, 2012 at 3:28 pm

There is a tiiiiiny part of me that feels guilty, but I usually try to enjoy my vacations because they are few and far between. I know I eat healthy the majority of the time so one week of having fun doesn’t hurt. :-)

That ice tea look so good!

ittybitsofbalance March 28, 2012 at 4:32 pm

YEY! My city! I hope you’re repping the foodies well over there :)

Don’t you love that 2 for $25 is a “special”? Oh, crazy Miami

Chelcie's Food Files March 28, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Haha i know!! Don’t you worry I’m on it!

Fit on the Rocks March 28, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Enjoy your time in Miami! I wish I was there..

theprocessofhealing March 29, 2012 at 2:17 am

You’re on vacation… I know it’s hard sometimes but just relax and enjoy it!

turtlespdrunner March 29, 2012 at 5:09 am

Haha if a long beach tea is anything like a long island iced tea, you would have been very happy indeed!!!!
That bagel looks pretty delicious toO!