So before I share the recipe with you I want to tell you about my awesome work out yesterday
I started off by going for a 2 mile run because it was 60 DEGREES OUT AND SUNNY..oh and I WORE A TANK TOP. how freaking cool is that?! I only went 2 miles because I honestly couldn’t even tell you the last time I went for a run, so I wanted to make sure I could run the whole time without needed to stop
mission accomplished..I ran 2 miles in about 17 minutes!
Once I got back from the run I wanted to do more so I went to my fitness board on pinterest for some pin-spiration (see what I did there?)
this was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be..especially the last superset with the burpees!
So onto the Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
In case you’re wondering I typed this recipe up yesterday while sitting on my couch watching teen mom…
Don’t worry I went to the library last night to get some work done..and I NEVER go to the library..so points for me!
First I started out by sauteing cut up chicken pieces in a pan with some cooking spray over med-high heat
Then in the meantime I got together my veggies and stir fry sauce
the Stir fry sauce consisted of: 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp siracha sauce, 1 tsp fish sauce, 1/4 cup chicken stock, 1 tbsp corn starch
Cook the chicken until it is just browned (about 5 minutes)
then I transferred the chicken to a plate and added my veggies into the pan
Cook the veggies for about 5 minutes, stirring consistantely, and then add in the stir fry sauce
Stir the veggies in with the sauce and then add the chicken back in
Stir the chicken around and cook for another 3 minutes
Turn the heat off and add in 2 tbsp chopped cilantro and 1/4 cup chopped scallions
Serve with some brown rice and devour
this was definitely one of the better stir-fry dishes I’ve made in a while..the corn starch really helps thicken the sauce and the cilantro brightens the flavor, I wanted to go back for seconds but I resisted..but it was really great
Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Servings: Apx 3
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces, about 8 tenders
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp siracha sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Heat a wok (or saute pan) over med-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray and add in the chicken
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies and combine ingredients for the stir fry sauce (soy sauce, sesame oil, siracha sauce, fish sauce, chicken stock, and corn starch)
- Cook the chicken until browned, about 5 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and set aside
- Add in the veggies (broccoli, peppers, and snow peas) and cook for 5 minutes (until slightly tender)
- Add in the stir fry sauce, and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the chicken back into the pan, and cook for another 3 minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ciantro and scallions
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa.
Quick dinners are pretty much all I have time for these days, so dishes like this are perfect!
Time to go get ready for class!
Thursday is lunch lab day (my favorite:)
I hope everyone has a great day!
Question for ya!: What is the weather like near you at the moment?
it is GORGEOUS here and I’m loving every second of it