WIAW-Stressin me Out

by Chelcie on February 22, 2012

Hey yoo

happy hump day! so I don’t know about you, but I have been SUPER busy lately, and in result I’ve been feeling very stressed!

On a bright note..we just welcomed 67 new beautiful girls into our sorority..but it also now means that there is SO much to do..all the time!

I also have 3 exams next week..AHHH.

Okay I’ll stop complaining now..basically I’m just super busy and my lack of blogging is a result of the chaos that is my life at the moment

but lets take a look at my eats from yesterday shall we?

thanks to Jenn again for hosting:)

Breakfast

classic banana oats with chia seeds cooked in the microwave-I combine 1/3 cup oats, 1 tsp chia seeds, cinnamon, 1/2 sliced banana, and 3/4 cup water in a bowl, microwaved for 1 minute, stirred around, and microwaved for another minute. Topped with the other half, some lovegrown granola, and almond butter pool:)

After breakfast I went to the bookstore to get some work done, and then went to the gym to relieve some stress!

Lunch

After I work out and its around lunch time I almost always only want a smoothie..so yesterday I made myself a Oatmeal Cookie Green Monster!

In the mix: 1 frozen banana, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup spinach leaves, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 tsp ground cinnamon, apx 3 tbsp rolled oats

All blended up! It tasted just like an oatmeal cookie! SO good!

Snack

Yesterday at the store I got these ginormous gala apples..they are SO good!

eating apple slices is WAY better than eating a apple whole..just sayin

I also had a rice cake with a smear of pb and jelly

with a side of accounting book..

Dinner

Spicy Chicken vegetable stir fry! I am going to share the recipe for this quick stir fry at some point this week I promise! Stir fry’s are some of my favorite dinners!

Snack

After some sorority shenanigans I came home at 10 HUNGRy..so I ate a chocolate vita top heated up and topped with sliced strawberries

Side note..I am deeply saddened to announce that even though I am not a catholic I have decided that for “lent” I am giving up chocolate and candy..lately I have been digging my hand into the m&m bag a little too often and I think this will be a good challenge for me!

I want to clean up my eating a little bit more because spring break is SOOn people!

So goodbye chocolate and candy until..uhhh I think I’ll say April 1st..I’m not even sure when Lent technically ends but that will be my ending date!

I’ll keep you updated on the progress..i’m going to try my BEST not to cheat

Oh and I decided I’m still allowed to get the occasional fro yo..I just can’t put any candy on it..or chocolate chips..:(

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Question for ya!: Are you giving up anything for lent?

GOtheXtraMile February 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I am so busy too! Ahhh too stressful before spring break because all the professors want to cram everything they possibly can in beforehand. I don’t do lent, but good luck!!!

Mattie @ Comfy and Confident February 22, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I completely agree eating apple slices is WAY better than eating a apple whole… I think it makes the apple seem bigger than it is too.

I am giving up crackers and chips (and maybe chocolate) for lent even though I am not catholic. We will see how it goes!

Chelcie's Food Files February 22, 2012 at 3:10 pm

ooo crackers and chips is definitely a tough! I always find myself grabbing for a couple crackers or chips in the snack closet so maybe I should try giving those up too haha

Alaina February 22, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Last year I gave up soda for Lent and I rarely drink it anymore now! This year I’m giving up meat. Not so much that I think it’s bad for me, but I’d like to see how creative I can get with my meals, when meat used to be such a big component.

Chelcie's Food Files February 22, 2012 at 3:09 pm

thats a good idea!

Debbie (Accidently Delish) February 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm

ok that smoothie looks amazing. and i’m making it tomorrow for breakfast. done.

<333

Chelcie's Food Files February 22, 2012 at 3:42 pm

haha good! its SO so yummy!

Alicia February 22, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Lots of yummy eats, especially the smoothie..I have some spinach that needs to be used..thinking about making that later! :-)

I have NO IDEA what to give up for Lent this year, last year I did Almond Butter and boy was it TOUGH…this year I’m still trying to figure it out. I tell my hubby, does sleep count? :-P I wish! Since we’ll likely be givng that up once our little guy arrives. :-)

Hang in there with your studies girl, you can do it! ;-)

Chelcie's Food Files February 22, 2012 at 8:42 pm

ooo almond butter would be really tough! aww good luck with the new arrival:)

Alicia February 23, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Thanks :-)

IHeartVegetables February 22, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I love me a stir fry!!! :)

I’m being trying to decide if I want to give something up for lent. I’m not catholic, but my church still does an ash wednesday service and stuff so I want to pick something before tonight!!!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance February 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm

WHAAT. That apple chopping thang is too cool for school! Although I eat the core usually, so it all would end up in my mouth anyway 8)

Chelcie's Food Files February 22, 2012 at 8:40 pm

haha ya I know a lot of people that eat the core too!

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog February 22, 2012 at 11:07 pm

All of your eats looks delicious! Can’t wait to see your recipe for the stir fry. It looks delicious!

Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 23, 2012 at 12:25 am

Congrats on a successful recruitment! From what I hear (& by “hear” I mean read on facebook), ASA did pretty well too! Ah, I miss it!

Anyway, I’m giving up soda for Lent & also limiting my sweets intake which has gotten a little crazy as of late!

Chelcie's Food Files February 23, 2012 at 3:47 am

ya I think all the sororities made out really well..its so exciting!! You should come back and visit soon!:)

healthyinsincity February 23, 2012 at 12:46 am

i always thought that giving up things for Lent was for the religious, so no I am not giving anything up.

Julie February 23, 2012 at 2:00 am

I need an apple corer… and rice cakes. I see them on so many blogs and haven’t had one quite yet.

tara February 27, 2012 at 12:41 am

I think it is more important to give up something “deeper” for lent …for example : give up being negative, or give up on grudges, etc…but everyone does different stuff

I don’t think you should give up chocolate though…chocolate is GOOD for you :)

You eat realy well. I am currently underweight and struggling with gaining (i dont exercise and feel SO guilty for trying to gain while not exercising :( ). I don’t even know how to exercise anymore…a nutritionist recommended i decrease my protein and increase my carbs and decrease my fiber cause i experience a lot of cramping, gas, and constipation….its so hard to eat more grains when i sit all the time :(
your sample day looks so great…but you are so active…ugh…i’m trying to find good meal plans and samples…things that are simple like

is that smoothie thick? i wonder if i’d be brave enough to try for breakfast…good for constipation i wonder?