Blogger Cookie Swap!

by Chelcie on December 12, 2011

Hi!!

So the big day is finally here! I get to share my cookie recipe for the blogger cookie swap!

Incase you don’t know what the blogger cookie swap is all about, the swap was started by Lindsey and Taylor over at the awesome blog Love and Olive Oil!

I signed up about a month ago I think? And got paired with 3 matches to send my cookies too! You create a cookie recipe, send it out to 3 different bloggers, and then you receive cookies from 3 different bloggers! Its pretty freaking awesome!

I waited to share all the cookies I got to make the whole thing more dramatic:)

My batches came from Alexis, Jennifer, and Carol! They were all delicious!!

Now onto the cookies I made!

I made cookies called the “All-In-One” cookie!

My roommate molly told me I should call them the “all-the-shit-I-like” cookies..but I decided to make the name a little more modest:)

Here is the recipe!

I love the sweet and salty combination of these cookies!

I sent my cookies to Lena over at Fit on the Rocks, Traci over at The Yellow Wishbone (she wrote an awesome post about receiving my cookies, thanks Traci!), and to Kate over at Passion for Life

This was my first “blogger participatory event” if you will, and I had so much fun with it! Yay for blogging!!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Questions for Ya! : Did you participate in the blogger cookie swap?

What is your favorite kind of christmas cookie? I would love links to good recipes:)

Kim @ Eat, Live, and Blog December 12, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Your cookies look fantastic! I love how you put everything that I love in it! :D

lapiattini December 12, 2011 at 9:54 pm

I gotta say, yours look the best in my opinion! But that’s probably because I love pretzels and M&M’s too :)
I didn’t do the cookie swap this year- found out about it too late but hopefully I’ll remember next year cause I’m super jealous reading all these cookie posts popping up on the blogosphere!

Chelcie's Food Files December 12, 2011 at 9:56 pm

thanks! I know have you ever had pretzel m&m?s they are amazing!

raceready December 13, 2011 at 12:07 am

I just entered the blog world, so I missed out on the cookie swap. :-( I love making sugar cookies because they are fun to decorate, but they are not my favorite to eat.

Chelcie's Food Files December 13, 2011 at 12:29 am

same! I like to decorate and eat them:) but cookies with some kind of chocolate in them are always my favorite!

Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance December 13, 2011 at 2:06 am

I didn’t participate because of my wheat allergy. Now I’m wondering if I made the right decision haha

Fit on the Rocks December 13, 2011 at 3:26 am

They were sooooo yummy! I would have been laughing and enjoying them more if you called them all-the-shit-i-like cookies ;) Thanks again!

Chelcie's Food Files December 13, 2011 at 1:51 pm

true I should have just called them that! you’re welcome!:)

geekkate December 13, 2011 at 8:00 am

Ahh… I am so behind on stuff! I am 1/2 way through my own blog post on the cookie swap, but stupid finals are getting in the way! I’ll probably be a procrastinator (like always!) and wait until Wednesday to finish wrap it up and submit it. I can’t wait for you to see what I did with the Santa hat you sent me though! It makes me giggle when I look at it :)

I can’t choose my favorite type of Christmas cookie though. My mom and I made all sorts of cookies around Christmas… Gingerbread, Sugar Cookies, and Chocolate Crackles. I love the gingerbread men we would make, but I prefer them with lots of icing!! My mom’s sugar cookies (the ones I baked for the cookie swap) are simple and super yummy. We made them for all sorts of holidays (she had holiday cookie cutters) and we would sprinkle them with colored sugars. The chocolate crackles we started making a few years ago, and even though they are so messy to make, there is nothing like their chocolate fudgy-ness. Mmm… chocolate.

*sigh* I just love cookies. I feel like I’m cheating on one if I say I prefer another!! lmao

I’m so glad you sent me cookies, because it has introduced me to your blog, and I am loving it! Plus, it’s really nice discovering another college-age blogger like myself who absolutely loves food!

♥ and harp strings,
Kate

Chelcie's Food Files December 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Oooo I can’t wait to see! mmm I love gingerbread cookies! I’m so glad too!:)

Kate December 14, 2011 at 5:46 am

Those cookies really do have it all! Definitely my kind of treat :)

Shannon from Healthiful Balance December 14, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I love getting packages..seriously so fun! :D
All the cookies look so good!

Lindsay Irwin December 14, 2011 at 6:10 pm

BEST COOKIES EVER.

Chelcie's Food Files December 14, 2011 at 7:53 pm
Kristin Fretz December 19, 2011 at 6:50 pm

YES OMG BEST COOKIES EVER. making these for christmas with ma momma. ill send you a pic of what they look like chelc :)

Chelcie's Food Files December 19, 2011 at 7:56 pm