So the big day is finally here! I get to share my cookie recipe for the blogger cookie swap!
Incase you don’t know what the blogger cookie swap is all about, the swap was started by Lindsey and Taylor over at the awesome blog Love and Olive Oil!
I signed up about a month ago I think? And got paired with 3 matches to send my cookies too! You create a cookie recipe, send it out to 3 different bloggers, and then you receive cookies from 3 different bloggers! Its pretty freaking awesome!
I waited to share all the cookies I got to make the whole thing more dramatic:)
Now onto the cookies I made!
I made cookies called the “All-In-One” cookie!
My roommate molly told me I should call them the “all-the-shit-I-like” cookies..but I decided to make the name a little more modest:)
Here is the recipe!
The All-In-One Cookie!
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter (two sticks)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup oats (rolled old fashioned)
- 1 cup M and M’s
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed pretzels
- Pre heat the oven to 350°F
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter and peanut butter and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Take out and stir, and place back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat this process until butter is fully melted.
- Add in brown sugar and white sugar
- Add in 2 eggs and vanilla extract
- Carefully add in the flour, baking powder, and salt
- Then add in the oats, m and m’s, chocolate chips, and pretzels.
- With clean hands, combine the mix-ins with the cookie dough. You could do this with an electric mixture, but by hand works just as well.
- Place 1 inch balls on the cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
I love the sweet and salty combination of these cookies!
This was my first “blogger participatory event” if you will, and I had so much fun with it! Yay for blogging!!
I hope everyone is having a great Monday!