My roommate/best friend said to me while
inhaling eating this pasta dish… “this is one of the best things you’ve ever made” …then she proceeded to have 3 bowls and lick the bowl once she was finished. We don’t judge each other around here..I may or may not have done the same thing
Here’s what you’ll need
1 pound of pasta (I used whole wheat rigatoni), lemon hummus, goat cheese, (in the chopped veggie bag-1 white onion and 1 medium butternut squash), baby spinach, and not pictured spices: salt, pepper, and dried thyme
Roast for 35-40 minutes, and toss the veggies about half way through the cooking process
Meanwhile, boil the pasta
Don’t laugh at my attempt to do action shots LOLz
And assemble the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl
Baby spinach, hummus, and goat cheese. If you don’t think you like goat cheese, I PROMISE in this recipe you do
Then add in the roasted squash and onions, followed by the cooked pasta
Then add a ladel of the water that the pasta was cooked in and mix it all together
I added some crushed red pepper flake on top:)
SO AMAZING. This pasta is so creamy and comforting, but is also good for you too! Comforting and healthy dishes are my favorite to make:) And you know anything with hummus, goat cheese, and roasted vegetables is going to turn out AMAZING. please make this now.if you don’t we can no longer be friends
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta with Spinach and Goat Cheese
Serves 4..(normal people..or 3 hungry I-want-3-bowls people)
- 1 Medium butternut squash, roughly chopped
- 1 large Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta (penne or rigatoni works well!)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup hummus (lemon or another type..spicy hummus would work well!)
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried Thyme (italian seasoning would also work)
Salt and Pepper to taste:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Toss the onion and butternut squash with olive oil, dried thyme, salt and pepper and spread out on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, tossing half way through cooking
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a mixing bowl add the baby spinach, goat cheese, hummus, and roasted squash and onions. Mix to combine.
- Add in the cooked pasta and reserve a ladel of the pasta water to add in to help combine all of the ingredients.
- Serve warm and enjoy!